12 December 2009

Santa's Swim with the Sharks

Santa visited the zoo for a swim in the aquarium. Benjamin didn't want to go at first because he was afraid a shark would eat Santa. Where do they get this stuff?... I've never told him about shark attacks. Once I convinced him Santa would be safe, he was okay with the idea. The 100 lb. sea turtle was more of an issue than any sharks. It positioned itself between Santa's crew and the glass while they were trying to take photos.
I'm not sure if we made it onto the evening news. The guy was filming Benjamin when Santa jumped in. Benjamin said, "Hey, that's the guy that's going to bring me presents."It ended up being a great day to go. The zoo was practically empty. I think people thought it was colder than it was. We were the second in line to get our photos taken. I was afraid we wouldn't have enough time to get to Fremont for Ryan's Army party, but we were an hour early, but that's a story for another day.

No comments: