23 May 2011

Look Who's Standing!

I was showing Benjamin and Alexander the "Mr. Men" headings on Google. We had recently checked Little Miss Naughty out from the library and they were fascinated that Google had honored the author's birthday with illustrations of 16 different characters. We then found the "Mr. Men" website where the boys wanted to watch the opening animation over and over.

During this time, James was happily sitting in his crib. He gave a big smile and then put his hands on the bars. I told Benjamin and Alexander, "Let me go get the camera, I think James is going to stand up." By the time I got back, he had pulled himself up most of the way.


It's amazing to me how babies develop. James is way more squirmy than he was a couple weeks ago. He moves backwards when trying to crawl, can roll over both ways well, get into sitting position from his hands and knees and visa versa. He can also reach things that should be completely out of his range. Gram (who is visiting for 2 weeks) calls him "Mr. Incredible" (Mr. Impossible?) because of that. We went to Wendy's last night (5/12) and somehow he kept getting a hold of the frosty cup no matter where I put it. (He enjoyed having Alexander share his Frosty with him.)



It's funny to me to how James takes his cues from the older two. I was bouncing him on my knee and he accidentally somersaulted off, rotating on his shoulders like a gymnast on the rings. James wasn't sure what to think at first, but then saw Benjamin "nervous laughing" at him. James then intentionally started throwing his head back and lifting his feet trying to do it again. Silly baby.

No comments: