(Disclaimer: Ryan suggested the title for this post, it but does not necessarily (per se) reflect the views of the author! He was also excited to take a picture of me barefoot in the kitchen and made sure my feet made it into the photo)I'm trying to augment our food storage with things that aren't available at the LDS cannery such as hulled barley, garbanzo beans, red lentils, popcorn, kidney beans, real salt, etc. I'm also trying to transition most of our food from buckets to cases of #10 cans because they store better and will be easier to move. So I decided to can a bunch of food myself.
I made the mistake of driving our Honda coupe to pick up the canner and all 52 cans. The guy helping me pack it all into my car offered to let me drive his truck, but Ryan was supposed to be putting in time at the hospital and I was already running a 1/2 hour late without having to drive an extra 40 minutes round trip. Logic would have said I drive our van in the first place.
I was quite intimidated by the canner when I picked it up, but it was very easy to use and I only disfigured one can lid during the entire project. They didn't give me enough oxygen absorber packets, but luckily the salt didn't need the packets so I was only 2 short. I hope I'm not idolizing our can wall in our bedroom, but looking at it makes me as happy as using my blender!

No comments:
Post a Comment