29 May 2012

Team Development Course

The Team Development Course is designed to force Soldiers to work in small teams to navigate a number of obstacles. Our team was made up of the 1st and 2nd Squads of 3rd Platoon. Generally you have about 45 minutes to do an obstacle, but as usual the time was condensed so only 30 minutes was allotted for each event. Our Squads worked well together and we successfully completed 5/6 obstacles.




On this obstacle, we were supposed to use a limited number of boards of various lengths to get across a river. I got across early, and helped everyone else get down.


This one we had to rig a seat and get everyone across. Once we got a few people across, we needed to get a stretcher with a dummie across. We had run out of rope, so I used four web belts from our pants to lash the body underneath the seat. Than I pulled myself and the dummie across. I was tired at the end of it, but it was nice to know I was strong enough to do it.

No comments: