02 February 2008

Home Coming

Today I finally came home. After almost two weeks of sitting around waiting for the Air National Guard C-5 to decide to show up at Fort Bragg, NC. Dude!! On my flight home on the first leg to Dallas-Fort Worth I talked with a guy who had just graduated from college and had spent the day in Raleigh interviewing with IBM. I got off the plane to stretch my legs, and when I got back on headed back to my seat in the very back. I spoke with a gentleman sitting across the aisle from me and after telling him a little about where I was coming from and what I had been doing; he asked the stewardess if I could be seated in First Class on the way home. When she came back she asked if I would like to move up to First Class for the flight to Omaha. It was kind of awkward walking down the aisle as she was announcing to everyone on the plane that I was coming home from Afghanistan after being gone for over a year. The people clapped for me and a few even shook my hand as I walked down the aisle. They put me in the very front seat so I was the first person off the plane. I have to say the best part of First Class is the bottomless Orange Juice. Not sure if I would be willing to pay that much for just that, but it was nice. As you can see from the picture, Elizabeth missed me. She was there waiting for me at the gate when I got off the plane.

No comments: