04 June 2008

Benjamin's Birthday Cake


Here it is: Benjamin's 2nd Birthday Cake.
Originally it was going to be a background scene with "Lightening McQueen" on it, but when Benjamin saw a picture of a school bus cake and said "School Bus! School Bus! School Bus!" I knew I was making the wrong cake.
I'm a bit bummed out that I ran out of space on the cake and couldn't get Benjamin's entire name on it and that the lines on the windows aren't straight, but I think it's better than the one we saw in the picture. Ryan was impressed.

As you can see, Benjamin enjoyed "helping" me clean up the cake batter. *** Note: No toddlers were harmed in the process of taking that photo. *** I.e. no Salmonella. He also ate one of the tail lights when I was assembling the bus and was really upset when I didn't let him eat more. He had to settle for a doughnut "wheel". No, I don't usually feed him candy and doughnuts for his afternoon snack. I was hoping he would stay asleep long enough for me to finish the bus, but I was too slow for his nap.

No comments: