31 October 2008

Halloween 2008!

We've had 4 Halloween events this year and Benjamin refused to wear a costume for the first 3. He and I went to the party at the local library last Friday. Ryan wasn't able to go because he got a phone call 10 minutes before we were leaving that he had arrange help for someone moving in the morning. We were warned when he became EQP (a big job at church) this would happen, but I didn't realize it would start so soon (within the first week). There aren't any photos because I couldn't chase Benjamin and take photos at the same time (He was quite manic that evening) and he refused to put on the Skeleton costume I bought for him the day after Halloween last year. We think he's scared of it, but aren't quite sure if that's the only problem.


As you can see, Benjamin was the only Bradley kid who wouldn't put his/her costume on for the photo at the get-together we had on Monday.

This was the church Halloween party on Wednesday. Still no costume. I did get a bit of green face paint on him, but "bit" is the operative word.
Benjamin and I went to the "Big Red Barn" in Bennington today with a few of the Bradley girls. He wouldn't sit down for the picture.
One of Benjamin's favorite parts was the "Corn Pool" more like "Corn Box"... only in Nebraska?!?!He also really enjoyed the "Hay Rack Ride" (more like "Wagon Ride") because we were pulled by a tractor.
This was the pumpkin we picked out. It was 21 lbs. We didn't have time to carve it tonight so we might tomorrow before I cook it and the one my parents bought.
Benjamin enjoyed the deer swing, but that was the closest thing to an animal he liked. He was scared of the llamas and only spent a couple minutes in the petting zoo (mostly chasing the chickens). Ryan thinks Benjamin is scared of animals because of the time he took him to a pet shop and set Benjamin in the pen with all the little yapping jumping puppies. Poor kid.
Benjamin with Lily on the teeter-totter. He seemed enjoyed it more than the girls.

We finally gave up on the skeleton costume and asked Benjamin if he wanted to be an LDS missionary tonight (because it would be an easy costume to throw together) when Ryan took him out trick-or-treating. Benjamin loved the idea and left his "costume" in-tact while they were out. He's a trooper because Ryan made him carry his treat bucket the whole time (including up two big hills) and they were out for quite a while. His bucket was full when they got home. It makes me just a little guilty to eat Benjamin's candy considering how hard he worked for it. The Elders (real missionaries) called tonight and I told them Benjamin didn't get any doors slammed in his face this evening. They said they need to bring him with them next time they go door to door.

No comments: