19 November 2008

Free Pizza!

Last night Ryan took Benjamin on a Father/Son outing (not a date so I've been told)... to Pizza Hut. The local library has a reading program where children earn a free pizza once a month by reading or being read to. The reading goals seem pretty low to me because 64 books is the maximum and we can do that in about a week, including reading full Richard Scary books during that time. Apparently we read a lot (probably about 2 hours a day).


We had two coupons so Ryan got a free pizza too. I guess the Pizza Hut employees felt sorry for them when Benjamin kept asking where their pizza was and so they gave them an order of free bread sticks too. We're blessed and people are so nice!


It was a full outing because when Ryan and Benjamin got home they played a few games of Gran Tourismo on Ryan's old PS1. Benjamin runs the car in circles and at some point, Ryan tried to push him to the finish line. Then they raced as a "team". I almost ruined it for them when Ryan told me that their racing team won and I said "there aren't teams in that game, how does that work?"... I wonder if Benjamin will feel shorted when he gets a little older and finds out that daddy was just having him hold an inactive controller.

No comments: