Matt got into CO on Friday night and hid out at the Trilca's then drove their SUV to pick us up at the airport on Saturday morning. My mom saw us out the window of the house behind the hospital they were staying at in Ft. Collins and thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses because she couldn't imagine who would be visiting them unannounced. She ran back to change out of her pajamas and we walked in. She was very surprised.
28 March 2009
Alexander's First Airplane Flight, Trip to Colorado, and First Time Meeting Grandma, Grandpa, & Uncle Matt
My brother Matt decided to visit my mom in Colorado as a surprise for her birthday and invited me and Alexander along. (We were afraid Benjamin might accidentally rip the PICC line out of my mom's arm). There was a blizzard on Thursday night when we were supposed to go. We rescheduled for Saturday morning. I'd never been away from Benjamin for more than 16 hours when he's spent the night at Gram and Gramp's (Ryan's parents) so I was a little worried to be away. He didn't miss me too much... just wanted me to bring him home a present. I brought Sarge's Boot Camp Doc and Sheriff from Grandma and Grandpa and that was a satisfactory gift to make up for my trip. Ryan was great and worked long hours for two weeks so he would only have to work 1/2 days while I was gone.
Alexander slept most of the flight. Benjamin would have nursed the whole flight at that age. I am much less of a human binky (I swore I'd never use that word) to Alexander. He'd take an artificial pacifier over me most of the time unless he's hungry.
I had to take Alexander out of the sling because according to the FAA it's apparently safer to have a loose baby flying around the cabin in the event of an emergency than a baby strapped securely to his mother.
Matt got into CO on Friday night and hid out at the Trilca's then drove their SUV to pick us up at the airport on Saturday morning. My mom saw us out the window of the house behind the hospital they were staying at in Ft. Collins and thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses because she couldn't imagine who would be visiting them unannounced. She ran back to change out of her pajamas and we walked in. She was very surprised.

For a woman who recently had brain surgery, she looks great!!! You're an amazing woman Mama!
Matt got into CO on Friday night and hid out at the Trilca's then drove their SUV to pick us up at the airport on Saturday morning. My mom saw us out the window of the house behind the hospital they were staying at in Ft. Collins and thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses because she couldn't imagine who would be visiting them unannounced. She ran back to change out of her pajamas and we walked in. She was very surprised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment