06 June 2009

A Bad Compressor in the Fridge/Freezer

I waited to frost Benjamin's birthday cake until the day after his birthday when we were having Ryan's family over to celebrate... and when I opened up the freezer to pull the cake out: everything was 50 degrees! (Of course it happened while Ryan was gone like those sorts of things always do -- Luckily the property manager said we didn't need to leave the fridge in our old house, so our EQP had the other fridge to our new house by Monday evening -- We are blessed).
Anyway, I have to freeze cakes to frost them or I don't have any luck. This race car cake was supposed to be standing up, but when it started to shred I gave up and didn't bother to tint the frosting or anything. I was pretty stressed about the fridge as it was. Benjamin didn't seem to mind that the cake was ghetto and it still tasted good.

I went way overboard on suggestions for birthday gifts for Benjamin and Ryan's parents gave him a train table. I need to be better about taking photos with his family because they're not into photos, but that means we have a lot of pictures with my family, but not Ryan's.

No comments: