24 September 2009

Ryan Tests for His Orange Belt

Tonight I tested for my Orange Belt at Taekwondo. I thought they were going to have us each individually perform the form and defensive steps. However, they did it as a group. I was sweating it for nothing. As you can tell from the first photo, Benjamin kept getting on the floor. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep him off. I've been taking him to my Taekwondo stuff to allow Elizabeth some time to study her school stuff.
This is the standard position of attention. Hmm, fairly similar to the military except your toes are touching instead of in a "V". You can somewhat see in this photo that I have a number of black stripes on my belt. That signifies that I have mastered in practice sessions a number of techniques required for the form. I was the only white belt that broke boards earlier in the week. I was also the only white belt with four black stripes.
This is a high knife hand block. It's near the beginning of the form.
This is a great picture, Elizabeth does not think so. It looks like it should have Carl Douglas wailing "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting" in the background (even though it was actually Taekwondo).

No comments: