We've been going to the TRC (Training Resource Center) at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) to volunteer as mock investigators for the new missionaries. Last week we went during the visitor center missionaries' training. The sister missionary we were with had Benjamin repeat the scripture she was reading to us with her. It's the first time he's ever done it and I didn't realize how much he would like reciting. He says he's reading. Anyway, ever since then, we were having him recite during our daily family scripture study. It was great timing, because later that week, the Primary President called to let us know that Benjamin was giving a talk in Primary on Sunday.
I put together the talk and Ryan helped Benjamin give it. Normally Alexander would have been in nursery, but he had a runny nose and we weren't sure if we were going to keep him with us for all of church. It appeared that his nose wasn't running on Sunday, so we sent him to nursery in the end.
As it happened, Alexander didn't want to stay in the back with me while Benjamin gave his talk. He ran to the front of the room and climbed on the stool behind the lectern next to Benjamin. He wanted to make sure I saw him because he kept peaking around the picture yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" It was quite distracting, but very cute. I wish I would have gotten a photo of the 3 of them up there.
Benjamin did a great job, especially on the 2nd part when you could actually hear him! At first he kept turning toward Ryan and repeating his talk softly.
This came from the June 99 Friend Magazine. I changed it a little so the boy slid across and didn't have to be moved from tab to tab. I also drew the pictures on the bottom and apparently my artwork is good enough that Benjamin knew what each picture was trying to depict. It was cute when he moved the boy and named the commandments during his talk. Which he did all by himself.
Benjamin Lewis Primary Talk5 September 2010
“Jesus Christ loves little children. When He lived on the earth, He blessed them. He healed them. He wanted them to come to Him. When He prayed for the Nephite children, the angels of heaven came down and surrounded them (see 3 Ne. 17). When someone loves us that much, we want to love that person right back. How can we show the Lord that we love Him? Jesus told us, ‘If ye love me, keep my commandments’ (John14:15 ). Here are some commandments that all of us can keep: Pray, Study the Scriptures, Attend Church and Take the Sacrament, Keep the Sabbath Day Holy, Pay Tithing. Keeping the commandments helps us be happy and grow closer to Him. And it shows Him that we love Him.”
One example of keeping the Sabbath day holy was a boy named David whose baseball team played games on Sundays sometimes. His coach asked him to be the pitcher, but David said he would have to be the relief pitcher so that he could go to church and keep the Sabbath day holy. Eventually, the coach chose another boy to be the relief pitcher on Sundays and David pitched at all the other games. David showed his love for Jesus by keeping the Sabbath day holy and was blessed for his decision.
I know we show our love for Jesus by keeping the commandments. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ; Amen.
From: Sydney S. Reynolds, “Sharing Time: Keep the Commandments,” Friend, Jun 1999, 45 and “Loving Friends,” Friend, Feb 1974, 36
I put together the talk and Ryan helped Benjamin give it. Normally Alexander would have been in nursery, but he had a runny nose and we weren't sure if we were going to keep him with us for all of church. It appeared that his nose wasn't running on Sunday, so we sent him to nursery in the end.
As it happened, Alexander didn't want to stay in the back with me while Benjamin gave his talk. He ran to the front of the room and climbed on the stool behind the lectern next to Benjamin. He wanted to make sure I saw him because he kept peaking around the picture yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" It was quite distracting, but very cute. I wish I would have gotten a photo of the 3 of them up there.
Benjamin did a great job, especially on the 2nd part when you could actually hear him! At first he kept turning toward Ryan and repeating his talk softly.
This came from the June 99 Friend Magazine. I changed it a little so the boy slid across and didn't have to be moved from tab to tab. I also drew the pictures on the bottom and apparently my artwork is good enough that Benjamin knew what each picture was trying to depict. It was cute when he moved the boy and named the commandments during his talk. Which he did all by himself.Benjamin Lewis Primary Talk
“Jesus Christ loves little children. When He lived on the earth, He blessed them. He healed them. He wanted them to come to Him. When He prayed for the Nephite children, the angels of heaven came down and surrounded them (see 3 Ne. 17). When someone loves us that much, we want to love that person right back. How can we show the Lord that we love Him? Jesus told us, ‘If ye love me, keep my commandments’ (John
One example of keeping the Sabbath day holy was a boy named David whose baseball team played games on Sundays sometimes. His coach asked him to be the pitcher, but David said he would have to be the relief pitcher so that he could go to church and keep the Sabbath day holy. Eventually, the coach chose another boy to be the relief pitcher on Sundays and David pitched at all the other games. David showed his love for Jesus by keeping the Sabbath day holy and was blessed for his decision.
I know we show our love for Jesus by keeping the commandments. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ; Amen.
From: Sydney S. Reynolds, “Sharing Time: Keep the Commandments,” Friend, Jun 1999, 45 and “Loving Friends,” Friend, Feb 1974, 36
No comments:
Post a Comment