05 March 2011

Jimmer Lewis?!

We got caught up in Jimmer-mania this season. As a family we attended three home games. When we signed Benjamin up for the Cosmo Club we got a bunch of Basketball tickets. Benjamin and I attended three games and Elizabeth, Alexander, and James came to two of the games.
Here's a picture of the entire family at the Wyoming Game, which was the final game of BYU's season. It was amazing James fell asleep with all the noise, but the crowd did wake him up when Jimmer made a 3 pointer.GO COUGARS!! It's funny to hear Benjamin and Alexander randomly singing "O-O-O-O... O-O-O-O... Go Cougars!"
Home court and a packed Marriott Center. Yes, that is Jimmer on the big screen. We discovered that Jimmer's real name was James. I started joking about calling James "Jimmer." Then Elizabeth said I could not do that unless BYU made the Elite 8. She got a little nervous when BYU made the Sweet 16, but Florida used the recipe for success that San Diego State showed the world would work. So, now I can only occasionally joke about calling James "Jimmer."
After the game, Elizabeth drove up to her Aunt's house in Salt Lake to pick up her mom who had flown in that day for a visit. This is what they subjected James to while she was there.

No comments: