19 June 2011

Father's Day 2011 -- A Day of "MAAAN Meals"

Ryan says that my cooking has gone completely "granola" so today in honor of Father's Day I made it a "meat and potatoes" sort of day. We ate 2 weeks worth of meat and I think it's going to take a while to recover from the fat content.
Ryan loves biscuits and gravy. In true southern style, the biscuits had 2 sticks of butter and 2 cups of cream in them. They were made from fresh ground whole wheat if that makes it any better.


I can't remember the last time we had steak. Alexander slept through dinner again and it looks like Ethan gave Benjamin a black eye on Friday when they were fighting because Benjamin was mad that Ethan left the tricycle in the middle of the sidewalk and Benjamin crashed off of his bike because of it... Like Benjamin doesn't leave his wheeled vehicles in the middle of the sidewalk all the time. But I digress...

The boys picked out Ryan's Father's Day card.


It made me chuckle because Ryan's been a little self-conscious of hair loss lately. According to him, there aren't many trees left in the forest.

Benjamin also gave Ryan a "coupon book" he made in preschool. I think Ryan made Benjamin feel self-conscious when he said Benjamin's drawing of him made him look like a pinto bean. I'm assuming B. got bored drawing before he finished. Benjamin was really proud of his choices of coupons.

No comments: