17 June 2011

Welfare Square

We went up to Salt Lake to visit my friend Kira who I knew when I lived in San Antonio. We took a tour of Welfare Square before meeting her for a picnic. 
 One of the sister missionaries who lead our tour was from Ukraine. She was really excited when Ryan started speaking Ukrainian to her.
 After to tour we went back to the cannery to buy some things to augment our food storage.

Ryan and Benjamin canned a bag of beans so we could buy a case of dried milk and some other things off the shelf. I was impressed with the dried re-fried beans. I think they're tasty even without being re-hydrated and would be a great addition to a trail mix.I'm a bad influence on our boys b/c they like to eat things dried or uncooked too like I remember doing as a kid (and still do) E.g. pasta, dough, potatoes, etc.

No comments: