19 July 2008

6 Years of Marital Bliss

This picture is really funny to me. We really have been married a long time that we could pose for a photo and I not know what Ryan is doing behind me and have the exact same look on my face. Craziness.


We've had a really good anniversary today, but have been busier than busy (or as Ryan would say "Busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest"... We have been married a LONG time to be quoting him like that).

As far as our busy day goes, we are "Mission President and Wife" for youth conference next week and had a logistics meeting this morning. Then it was Greek cuisine for lunch. I would have preferred a nice restaurant and not "King Kong's", but time didn't allow. The Post Office was next to continue adding to Ryan's "Ebay commercial empire".

It was only 1200 at this point and we headed to a sealing session at the temple, which I like to do as a tradition on our anniversary, but this year is the 1st one in the last four years we've been able to get to... Ryan was in Afghanistan last year, we were in San Antonio without a babysitter and a 6 week old baby the year before, and Ryan was at Army OBC the year before that. It's good to be together this year. Hopefully, our odds will get better and we'll be co-located more often than we're apart because right now we're at 50/50.

After the temple we went to the church bookstore and Ryan bought some really... ummm... bad isn't the right word... just not my kind of LDS music (or "Not Your Mother's LDS Music" to be exact) as his anniversary gift. We're so romantic (slight sarcasm); we didn't even give each other anniversary cards (or surprise gifts). This gets even more romantic (slightly more sarcasm)... we then went to Wal-mart for my gift: A new pillow with more loft than my old one. I am so enamored with it that I wish I could have tried it out right when we got home, but alas, there was no time for a nap.

After Wal-mart, we went to Michaels to use a 40% off coupon for a Thomas the Train Set for Benjamin for Christmas. It's hard to get anything past him because he's so observant so it's best to run errands like that when he's not around. (He was really upset last week at Target when Red the Fire Engine didn't make it onto the belt at check out).

We went to Gram and Gramp's to pick up "the spud" and he was asleep taking a nap. I must be too loud because he woke up within minutes of our arrival after only a 1.5 hour nap instead of the normal 3. We then rushed to the commissary to buy a $50 gallon of milk, rushed home to unload groceries, and then rushed to a church barbecue. We wanted to take our anniversary photo at the temple, but forgot about it until we got home, so the barbecue was it and thus the photo in this post. Wow, I'm sleepy and should go read scriptures with Ryan and Benjamin so I can call it a night (and test out my new pillow :)!!!

No comments: