I wanted to introduce you to someone I am finally getting to meet. This is my biological grandfather, Kelly Lewis. Kelly died in 1997 so I never met him in this life, but last month I made contact with his widow, Catherine, and his younger sister, Ethel. Both have been very generous with their time in fielding my questions. These pictures were supplied by Catherine. Picture number one is a picture of Catherine and Kelly before he died.

Picture 3 is a picture of a younger Kelly Lewis. Kelly served in World War II as a Paratrooper in the Pacific Theater. Catherine told me later in his career Kelly jumped from an aircraft and his chutes didn't open. He blew out both knees when he landed. He was told he would never walk again, but he did. Kelly was an avid bowler. I have a score card supplied to me which apparently was one of his best ever, I'm guessing that since it is
lamented. He scored 624 in three games on FEB 1, 1972.

I am so grateful I was able to write a letter to Catherine and make contact with her. We are the lost family they had no idea existed. Kelly and my grandmother were
divorced when my father was two years old. They have not heard from our family since as my grandmother was very hurt by what happened. I am in the process of
writing a family history for them to catch them up on what this lost branch has been up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment