Today we went to Louisville State Park with Glen and Matt who Ryan works with and their families. Glen is the one in the 4th of July photo who's daughter Lexi, Benjamin was flirting with. Benjamin was at it again today... they were hugging a lot. We'll have to watch that boy!

Benjamin wouldn't hold the fish or look at the camera for the photo. He says he touched fish today though... He did kind of poke at them.

I was having more luck than Ryan fishing even with me using Benjamin's little pole. The three times I cast it, I reeled in a fish within 30 seconds. I stopped casting it after that because I felt there wasn't much sport to it and I was sad for the little blue gills who had sharp hooks stuck in their mouths.

Ryan also caught 3 blue gills, but fished a lot longer than I did. He also had a bunch get away.
Glen sent us home with 3 fish. His wife Angie won't eat them. I told Ryan I didn't really want them either, so he has to cook them when I'm out of the house! Something about my senses being heightened during pregnancy and the smell of cooking fish don't go well together. The fish are fairly small and were on the edge of being keepers, but they had swallowed the hooks and would have died anyway.
Ryan bought the yearly fishing pass, so we'll have to go 3 more times to make it worth it. We're planning a Labor Day camping trip.

Benjamin was more interested in pushing the stroller than fishing most of time. The other big hit of the day was the nearby train tracks. We walked across the street and sat on a picnic table watching ~6 trains go by. The weather was beautiful especially in the shade. We had a great morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment