09 April 2009

The Lewis Boys Meet the Easter Bunny

Bellevue schools has a really amazing early childhood center. We usually only make it there about once a month, but should go more often. We missed the "Polar Bear Club" kickoff at the zoo by accident b/c we were randomly at the ECC (a.k.a. Welcome Center). It was great that we went though because we found out there was an Easter Egg Hunt the next day. Benjamin got to decorate a bunny milk jug basket for it.
Benjamin was allowed to find 5 eggs each filled with 3 jelly beans. They wanted the eggs back after the hunt so Benjamin insisted on eating all 15 jelly beans as he cleaned the eggs out. I didn't fight him on it so he was sugar loaded for the day. I'm glad we went to the 1400 hunt and not 1000 where they had 150 kids. It was still a madhouse with 40 or 50 kids.
The Easter Bunny made a surprise appearance. I didn't think about putting Alexander in the photo, but I'm glad they offered. It was Ms. Mary in the costume and she was trying not to talk so the kids wouldn't recognize her, but she wispered "I did this earlier today and it worked" which put me a little more at ease.
I have a hard time talking to Benjamin about the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus becuase I feel like I'm lying to him and I don't want him to think Jesus is pretend like they are when he finds out they're not real. I haven't reconciled it, but try to be low key about the EB and SC.

No comments: