Ryan had a psych
eval in Provo and an interview in Salt Lake for the chaplaincy. I had a research paper due on Sunday, but have not been doing school work on Sunday so I needed to finish it by Saturday. Originally we were going to leave Friday afternoon when Ryan got off work, but I didn't have my paper done and we were stressed. It was probably better that we didn't leave then because there was a crazy unseasonal snow storm that evening. By the time I submitted my paper Saturday morning, the roads were no longer icy.

I took this photo at a rest stop in western Nebraska because Benjamin is wearing my
crocs... although you can't tell it by the photo.

Alexander is showing off his first tooth!

We went to the Family History Library in Salt Lake before we went to stay the night at my Aunt Rose and Uncle Bob's house. Alexander was pushing around the stroller by himself for the first time.

Rose and Bob took us to a yummy Mexican restaurant for dinner. Rose made us an amazing treat basket. I should have taken a picture of it. It would be a lot of fun to live closer to them and other of my mom's relatives if Ryan gets into
BYU (but we will thoroughly miss living near Ryan's parents).

This was at the
Wilkensen Center at
BYU while we were waiting for Ryan to do his psych
eval. A fire alarm went off in between the exam and interview and so we were a little delayed. In Salt Lake, we were supposed to meet with Elder Robert C. Oaks, but he was in the hospital, so we met with Elder Craig C. Christensen. Alexander was really good on the trip considering how much we were in the car and how much he wanted to play with the plant in the reception area outside Elder Christensen's office, but was thwarted.

Benjamin had fun with my parents while we were gone. This is the
VW Spider I didn't have a photo of from the 16 Sep posting.

On our way back to Colorado at about 2230, I-80 was closed due to a Semi full of
Hazmat that had crashed and caught fire. We were directed off the interstate at an exit in the middle of nowhere that had one gas station. There were hundreds of semis around. We parked on the shoulder of the road and tried to get a little sleep. I couldn't get very comfortable as I was in the back seat with the baby and Ryan was in the passenger seat. At some point a couple hours later, the semis started moving and I guessed the road was open again. I got in the drivers seat and headed to Ft. Collins. We got in around 0330. We would have gotten there a half hour sooner except I got lost. The
MapQuest directions we had took us through Cheyenne and not Laramie, so once I got into town I was a little turned around because Ryan was driving on Monday when we left and I'm not very familiar with Ft. Collins.

Ryan let me sleep in on Wednesday morning and took the boys out on a walk with my mom. We had to drive home that day because Ryan had to be at work in the evening. It was a lot of driving in a short time.
No comments:
Post a Comment