26 October 2009

A Smashed Finger

Today we were getting photos of the Bradley kids taken at J.C. Penney's before two of our group's families move away this winter. I was getting the stroller out of the trunk after we arrived at the mall while Benjamin was climbing out of the driver's side door. He slammed the door on his finger. I could see where it was smashed in the middle of the nail. I figured going to the doctor to get it drained and the after-care of trying to keep it dry and clean would have been as bad if not more traumatic than the original injury so I opted for shaved ice (which B. refused to use on his finger) and natural healing. Benjamin was inconsolable for the entire photo shoot, but calmed down at the end so we ended up staying at the mall the whole day. (Once we finally get out of the house in the morning, I figure there's no reason to go home until Ryan gets home from work.)
This is the only photo Benjamin was in. Tracy asked if a lollipop would help Benjamin feel better and her daughter heard the word "lollipop".

I'm amazed the photographer got this one of the babies. They were all quite squirmy.
A true entrepreneur created this train table. It's like the mechanical horse at the grocery store, but a quarter gets you a couple minutes of Thomas chugging around. A second quarter gets you two trains.
Benjamin was staying entertained in the J.C. Penney's dressing room with my cell phone camera. Luckily he didn't capture much of me with it.

No comments: