After dropping my mom off at the airport, my dad took us to the Stock Show. I took earplugs with us because of the "tractor races". I knew Benjamin wouldn't care about the animals, but would love to see tractors racing... silly me:

Benjamin really wanted the "dually" tractor, but it was already taken for the first race which he won by 1/2 the length of the tent even though the volunteer helping to guide him didn't realize they were racing up-and-back so he was at the back of the pack getting turned around. The "dually" was much harder to pedal.

It was nice they let Benjamin race as many times as he wanted after all the other kids took their turns. He stuck around the longest and helped park his tractor in the "garage" (under a table with a skirt).

Benjamin was scared he'd get bitten by a goat. I kept putting food in his hand and he'd drop it before a goat could get near enough to him to eat it. I'm not sure if Benjamin is scared of animals by nature or if it's PTSD from when Ryan put him in a pen with yapping puppies shortly after he got back from Afghanistan.

I always love getting a good deal. They were selling ice cream cones full of food for $3 outside of the petting zoo and inside from a dispenser on the wall for 25 cents.

Alexander didn't seem to mind the goat jumping up on us while trying to get the food I was attempting to save for Benjamin.

Alexander throws a fit when he isn't getting what he wants. He was squawking, arching his back, and throwing his head back just seconds before this photo was taken. He wants to do everything his brother does.

Most of the tractors parked around the show were locked up. Benjamin was happy to find some he could pretend to drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment