


We has some trauma yesterday... big accident actually. I had the Otteman boys over here and we went outside the drive the corvette in the driveway. Michaela showed up right as we were going out. I'm not sure if that made the situation better or worse that she was here b/c I had picked up the mail and there was the info about Education Week in it (which I was excited about because we'll be at BYU during it for the next 2 years). I was not paying attention to Alexander as much as I should have been because I was telling her about it when she said "where's Alexander?" He had been there a second ago. Merrick was in the corvette trying to back it up... and I just knew... I ran over and found Alexander all the way under the back of the corvette. I pulled him out and he started crying. I'm guessing he was in too much shock to cry before that. I brought him inside and nursed him for a couple minutes until he stopped crying and then looked a the abrasion on his head. It looks like he skinned his knee, but on his head. It only bleed about like that too. I washed it and put neosporin on and took him back outside. By then he was acting like nothing had happened and wanted to be Benjamin's passenger in the corvette. He was a little fussy last night, but I'm thinking he's sore and might still be teething. I'm grateful nothing worse happened. I'm sure he hit his head, but there wasn't a goose egg or anything. Benjamin asked how Merrick knew to stop and I told him maybe Alexander's body was just the right size so it couldn't drive. Ryan's theory is there were angels stopping it. So, wow, that was scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment