21 May 2010

Alexander Looks Like a Klingon and His New Discovery

Alexander and Benjamin spent the day at Gram's house while I worked more on moving preparations. I was making a quick stop at the Honda body shop, after my midwife (22 week) appointment, to see how much it would cost to repair the damage from Ryan high centering the car on a snowbank this last winter when I got a phone call from Diane. Alexander had fallen off a chair and had a black eye and a possible broken nose. I went to pick Ryan up and we met them at the new Bellevue Medical Center (which I didn't expect to see the inside of before our move -- It's a shame we won't be here for baby #3's delivery because it's a beautiful building). Apparently baby's noses are mostly cartilage. Amazingly, they got him right in and the Dr. came right away. They had already seen Alexander by the time we arrived. We were there less time than it took for my midwife appointment.

Alexander was not interested in much but laying his head on Gram's shoulder when we first arrived and then he moved to my shoulder. I nursed him a bit, we got back to Gram and Gramp's got him a diaper change, and now he's no worse for wear (other than looking a bit like a Klingon).
He was really excited about discovering his pocket.

No comments: