It seems that 90% of our ward attended the Christmas party this morning because they planned for 100 people and had to set up quite a few extra tables. Even with how college kids eat when there is free food available, there was plenty of pancakes and french toast to go around. I'll have to find a recipe for the "buttermilk sauce" (caramel sauce? -- It was delicious, but Ryan wouldn't try it because he says he doesn't like caramel...much)
Benjamin likes being in the spotlight.
James was amazingly okay sitting in Santa's lap (Other than thinking "who is this guy?"). Alexander at his age was not.
Benjamin says he forgot to tell Santa he wanted an iPod this year (I hope he's not too disappointed when he doesn't get one). This is the first I'd heard of it except for a few months ago when he kept trying to take Ryan's and my iPods. He also says he needs a Nook like us, but he doesn't even know how to read more than ~20 words yet, so I think it can wait!
I'm glad Alexander got a second chance to hit the pinata because I missed my photo opportunity the first time around. Benjamin got back from the bathroom just in time for the candy. He got in big trouble because he wandered off twice. His excuse was that he figured it would be boring so he found something more interesting to do.
I thought Ryan made up some story about him missing out on a grape eating contest where someone hit a pan like a gong when it was time to eat grapes. Apparently I missed it too while I was changing Alexander's diaper. I'm glad I clarified that one. It's a Guatemalan New Years Tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment