I don't know why we've never ridden the Trax in SLC before. I guess I hadn't realized it was free to ride w/in city center until a few months ago. Instead of going to the children's museum, the boys opted to take a ride. We originally were planning to go on Sat. to give Ryan a day with us away so he could focus on his end-of-semester school work, but Alexander was recovering from pink-eye and an ear infection so we had to delay our trip.
We finally got our chicken pot pies at the Nauvoo Cafe (they were all out the last time we were there) and they lived up to the recommendation we received. I had been bringing food (chicken/tuna salad w/ crackers to give beggars), but then I had a qualm of conscience about our tasty dinner, so the next beggar got a granola bar and a $5 bill... I'm not sure what this philanthropy is evolving into yet. Ryan met a guy in the hospital that took his kids with two crockpots of beans to homeless people every Sunday... It sounds like a good path to take.
We went to the Conference Center in an effort to look at the pulpit because the boys have a picture book about it, but it was hydraulically moved under the stage for Christmas. We didn't get to complete the tour because we're trying to teach the boys about obedience and they weren't following directions (understatement). We'll have to go back in the spring so we can go up on the roof too (I hadn't realized it was open for tours again).
James enjoyed hitting the windows on the temple. (To him everything is tactile!) I hope the windows are sound proof, otherwise he was probably disturbing the people in the baptismal font.
Benjamin is holding "Gus the Rat". Gus is one of 3 stuffed animals the kindergarten kids take home to have adventures with and then draw and write about in the stuffed animal's journal. We didn't have Barry the Bear or Tommy Turtle over a weekend so Benjamin really wanted to take Gus to Temple Square. He's been with us for more than a week, but I need to wash him before we send him back b/c he's a) now a carrier of the (pink-eye) plague and b) been dropped in the dirt more times than I can count. Amazingly, Gus' tail hasn't been ripped off from how much Benjamin swings him around by it .
We finished our evening with a view of the lights from the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building.
On the way home, I picked up my order of raw (unpasteurized) California Almonds. I almost should have ordered the entire 50 lbs... wow, they're yummy. The boys fell asleep in the van and amazingly stayed asleep when we carried them to their beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment