07 June 2012

Battlefield Movement

This was a long day of ranges. The pictures are from the morning. In the morning we practiced individual movement under fire (no pics of me doing this one). We high crawled for 50 meters, than we low crawled for 50 meters, crawled under barbed wire for 5 meters, and than rolled over a small wood wall. There was pyrotechnics going off the entire time.


The pics are from when we practiced battlefield movement with Chaplain Assistants. These young men and women are trained to protect the Chaplain at all costs. You can see from the pictures, that the Private is rolling on top of me and than I got up, grabbed onto him as we rushed to the next piece of cover. It really opened up my eyes to what the Assistants are trained to do.


Here we are taking cover behind a rather beaten up Pontiac Fierro. What you can't see in the picture is that just prior to getting there, I slipped and fell cutting open my hand on the rocks. On our way to the car, the Assistant slipped, and I was able to haul him up and we got to our cover.


I am looking forward to meeting the Chaplain Assistant that I will be assigned. I was impressed with all of the Assistants at the range that day.



No comments: