11 April 2009

Secular Easter

In an attempt to focus on Christ and not the Easter Bunny on Easter Sunday, we did all of our secular egg and bunny activities on Saturday. I'm thinking the Easter Bunny will always visit our house a day early compared to other kids... I would do it a day late so I could get 50% off on Easter candy, but it seems a little too cheap. At least with Orthodox Christmas eve, it's always on the 6th of Jan, but the Orthodox Easter date moves.

Benjamin loved his Lightening McQueen Easter basket. (Thanks Grandma!) We had an egg hunt in the back yard and Benjamin got an extra special surprise (a toy garbage truck) when he found the plastic carrot. We used the video camera for the hunt and I haven't downloaded the footage yet.

We dyed Ukrainian style Easter eggs.




And Benjamin decorated random things with stickers to stay out of trouble.

After decorating eggs, Ryan and Benjamin used wooden spoons to have a "White House Lawn style egg roll" in our hallway. Benjamin really enjoyed that.

Next year I'm thinking we'll add "egg tapping" to our traditional activities.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fun! I'd love to hear what you do for non-secular Easter.