11 July 2009

Change of Command

It's official. Ryan took command today of the 728th Quarter Master (Petroleum Pipeline) Company. The FRG (Family Readiness Group a.k.a. Wives Club) Leader was gracious enough to pick up a cake, punch, and flowers for the event at the last minute because we were not that organized.

Ryan is crazy busy between the Army Reserves, being in charge of the Young Men's youth program at church, his new job, and our sons. I can't believe I let this come out of my mouth, but I think he'll have to deploy again if he ever wants to work on his Master's degree.
I can't tell which photos I took and which ones Benjamin took because most of them are blurry. Alexander was really squirming in my arms. Alexander also gave his commentary by loudly filling his diaper during Ryan's "3 minutes". It was right during the part where Ryan was saying that the soldiers of the 728th were like his family because he'd be spending more time with them than us at times. Hopefully he never has to deploy with them.Ryan has always dreamed about a career in aviation. Especially so our kids can say "wow, my dad has a cool job..." Ryan pegged out Benjamin's "cool meter" today in the company's motorpool. Benjamin got to "drive" a forklift, 3 5-ton trucks and some HUMVEEs.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, what a lucky kid. And congrats Ryan!