20 July 2009

Potty Training Success

I read up on "Potty Training in a Day" and decided today was the day. Some of the advice I didn't do... like the potty doll because Benjamin already communicates well and knows how to potty, just didn't have the right motivation.

Potty Party.
Essence of Benjamin.
One of the few times Alexander's eaten rice cereal.
I told Benjamin that if he used the potty 10 times we would get a Happy Meal at McDonald's. By the time daddy got home from work this evening it was time to go to McDonald's.

Here's the receipt. We had about 10 coupons for free Happy Meals from the library's summer reading program and I had a coupons for free fries and drinks with the new Angus burgers, so I worked quite the dinner deal. We even got a military discount b/c Ryan was still up in Fremont for the Army and wore his uniform when we went.
View of wild turkeys from our driveway when we got home from dinner.
By the end of the week Benjamin was dry at night and not wearing diapers at all anymore. Wow, that was easy. Now, just to get him to stop "peeing in the woods".

1 comment:

Erin said...

Nice! I'll have to look into that when the time comes.