11 July 2010

The hike up Y Mountain

Benjamin has wanted to hike up to the "Y" ever since he first saw it. Yesterday, we didn't have anything going on so it was an opportune time to go. I didn't know if it was possible to take a jogging stroller, but after a little research we saw the hike was "moderate"... i.e. stroller accessible?! Ryan offered to take both boys and give me a morning to myself since he's been so busy with school. I'm feeling quite pregnant too, so I thought that was a wonderful idea. (What a great hubby!)
What a happy boy!
There are 11 turns of switchbacks on the 1.2 mile trail. Alexander fell asleep on turn 3 on the way up and didn't wake up until the last turn on the bottom. The people on the trail were impressed with Ryan and the stroller because apparently not many people push 65 lbs of kids up the mountain. People had heard of him all the way up and someone asked if he was a Marine. It's good he's been working out 6 days a week since we moved here.

No comments: