The 4
th of July Celebration here in Utah County is huge, basically lasting 2 months with 2 really big days of festivities on the 4
th of July weekend. Ryan took Benjamin to the field where they were launching hot air balloons on Saturday. It was an early morning and as you can see, Benjamin is still in his
PJs. It was too windy so only 3 balloons launched that day. Saturday evening, I made the mistake of going grocery shopping at 1930. The roads were closed all over for "The Stadium of Fire". It took me 30
mins. to drive 2 miles. It's nice living where fireworks aren't allowed. I was always afraid our roof in Nebraska would catch on fire from run-away fireworks.

On Monday, Ryan was supposed to run a 10K, but Alexander slept through the night (which still a fairly rare occurrence) and Ryan turned off his alarm, so he got to the race in time to claim his shirt and "finisher's medal". He's still planning to run the course so he can "earn" the medal. Anyway, as he was leaving, he called and said he could see the balloons from the parking lot.

As you can see, the boys were fairly enthralled watching the balloons. They didn't want to leave, but we needed breakfast before heading to the parade.

I dropped Ryan and the boys off for the parade while I looked for a parking space. I finally parked on a corner 1/2 overlapping the red curb. Luckily all the police officers were at the parade and not issuing parking tickets. As I was walking to the parade, I was worried because I thought I had left my cell phone at the apartment and wasn't sure how I'd meet up with Ryan. Then my phone rang!!! It was in my back pocket. Talk about mommy brain. We didn't get any pictures at the parade, but we did see Senator Orrin Hatch. Benjamin was sad he only got one piece of candy (one Jolly Rancher which he shared the last quarter of with Alexander. He's such a nice brother most of the time!) That afternoon, my buddy Carlos from A&M came over for a visit. It's the first time I've seen him in ~9 years. It was good to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment